An Open Love Letter To My Husband

Dear Husband,


It's been a whole year since we knelt at the alter in the San Diego temple and vowed to keep, cherish and love and support each other not only for time but for all eternity.  I can still remember it like yesterday.   It really feels like it was just yesterday.  I hope that I can always remember it as clearly.  It was the best day of my life.  I totally was a bridezilla but you loved me and treated me like a queen none the less.

I can still remember the day you came up to me after sacrament meeting and introduced yourself.  I was with Jessie and Michelle but you couldn't have cared less about them, you just wanted to talk to me.  I still remember when you called on my birthday to wish me a happy birthday instead of just texting me like every body else did.   Or when I had left a ward activity early and you called me to see why I had left without waiting to say hi to you.  Or when we had gone to the ward BBQ and you called after we left and were sad we didn't say goodbye.  But my favorite memory is when we sat in the little Italian restaurant in downtown SD and you straight up said to me, "You'll regret it if you don't at least try to date me."

I always say that I knew from day one that you were in love with me and YOU always say that you never said you loved be so how did I KNOW you loved me?!  Well babe, want to know how I knew?  Because you treated me better than any other man had ever treated me.  I could text you and tell you I was staying at work late to do inventory and you would get in your car and drive 30 minutes to just sit in the lobby so I didn't have to be a long.  You would text me and I would wait 3-5 days before replying and yet for some reason you still texted me.  You got nothing from me at first but you still continued to try.  You would ALWAYS be there for me even when I wasn't there for you.

THAT IS HOW I KNEW.  I think deep down I always knew it would eventually be you.  I would tell my mom and Michelle, "But I don't want to marry Jared."  Because I knew I was going to marry you but that scared me so bad.  It scared me because I knew how perfect you were.  I knew I would never live up to be the wife that deserved you.  And to this day, I am still terrified that I am not good enough for you.

You ARE the most perfect person I have ever met.   And I am not saying that.  Not only do I know you're the most perfect person in the world, but the world knows it too.  The amount of times I hear, "OMG Jared is so perfect" by people who know you or know us.  You are perfect.  You've never started a fight, you're always the first to resolve it, you let me spend money like it's my job even though you would save every single penny if I wouldn't have spent it first.  You're quick to tell me you love me at least 50 times a day, kiss me when you can, hug me when I need and you support me in every thing.

In the past year we've grown closer to each other than I even knew humanly possible.  When I was a teenager with Michelle and Valerie we used to say, "How do you ever become comfortable with a guy that you can poop and have sex with them?"  And know I have you.  There isn't a thing you don't know about me.  You've seen me in every single situation and still you love me not the same but more.  I've fallen down and you've scooped me up.  My heart has broken by Annie and Grandma Bonnie's passing and you've comforted me.  I've had diarrhea and you've ran me to the bathroom since I can't run myself.  Every night you've picked me up in your arms and put me in bed.  You've dressed me each morning and undressed me each night.  You've learned how to blow dry my hair and even curl it after I burned my hand one day.  You've shampooed my hair and massaged my back when I am in pain.  You've seen me without makeup, with morning breath and crazy hair and crusty dried spit from drooling and you've looked at me with pure love and told me how beautiful I am.


You've helped me love myself and that is something I will never be able to repay you for.   My whole life I have been insecure about my disability and you've taught me to love that part of me.   You've encouraged me to change the world and not let the world change me.  Before I would NEVER post a picture of myself in my wheelchair and now with you by my side there are many pictures out there of me in my wheelchair.  You've helped me to learn that it's okay that I need help and that our life is different that the average couple.  Its different in the most beautiful way.


It's only been one year but it seems like it's been a life time.  You're my best friend in every sense of the phrase.  You're the first person I think of in the morning and the last at night and you consume all my thoughts in between.


The first year was filled with fights and tears and learning lessons.  But it was perfect.  I wouldn't have changed it at all, well I would maybe change the fact that I started all the fights.  But it was perfect.   We laughed a lot, we cried tears of happiness, relief, joy, frustration, anger, of love and gratitude.  I've learned so much about myself this past year.  I've learned that I wouldn't be me without you.  I've learned that you are my peace, my comfort, my joy and my purpose.



Happy Anniversary my wonderful husband.
Thank you for choosing me a year ago and choosing me every day.


If our future is even a fraction of how amazing our past has been, we will have one fulfilled life together.


I cannot wait to see what our future holds but I know that since we have each other it will be incredible.



I love you.  I love you so so so so much.


xo
Your Wife.


Comments

Popular Posts